Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day R&R

Enjoying the day off. Plus time. I'm waiting on a new HDD for my laptop. It gives me some time to simply be for a while and not feel anything too deeply. Still, I'm really trying to not just fill it all with logging television hours. Listening now to an older album, thinking of remastering some older work of mine as soon as possible. It sounds great and is fun to reminisce, but I really want to apply some of my latest innovative DAW methods and developments. Give a bit of extra shine & smooth.

I have finally taken all my graphics knowledge into serious web design; including flash..the total works!

A decade plus now of my arts, but having so far been so very underground. Independent media is my primary thrust and foundation of all that I do and am to my core. What that means is this: who I am creatively is my production. Me, Myself, this guy right here = All I Produce...for better or worse. I have witnessed endless artists come and go with fan base and loyalty that can be bought, sold, 'whored out and slaved up'. A Producer is different from a merchandising machine because the 'branding' they do is largely behind curtains, over opposed to pure celebrity.

We both and all in media have got to have some sort of 'facing' for products. As a producer, I spend all my time in the art studio. I can 'face' for other people; brand and identity, packaging & presentation. It is all in grasp. I blueprint dreams, engineer worlds, and manifest concepts.

Selling the production is a different area, and establishing those parameters is why I can do so much; I get to focus from base strategy like a goalie in hockey or soccer. So, my time is way less divided into sub-compartments of focusing in on one product and marketing my face with the product as an attachment to the identity; that requires a charismatic scale which as a producer, I do not have or sit around desiring in order to get a ball rolling or wheels turning.

As a result, in the arts & entertainment industry, I do not represent everyone's favorite aspect - just like in hockey or soccer - the guy who scores all the time. I am the base strength foundation and my old managers used to have a saying around me, "Strong Like Bull". I was really proud of it.

I don't put tons of stock in competitions or awards, but one from Goodwill that stands firm as a moment I have valued in a frame in my room, 'Most Trustworthy Award'.

I self initiate, stick to what I begin overseeing all my inceptions, and follow through and tie all loose ends and cross T's and dot the I's. A great product is revised and refined and sculpted and revisited to both streamline and detail while improving on overall epic value in a functional way that never loses the original soul inspiration, yet is flexible and realistically agile all the way.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment